With the arrival of a new year in 2023, United States residents will be hopeful that gas prices continue to fall, just as they had been for much of the second half of 2022. The previous 12 months saw them soar at unprecedented highs, but they have been levelling out for a few months now.
It remains important to shop around to find the best deal possible though, and that might just be the thing most people take into 2023 with them from 2022.
Our aim here is to lend a hand and provide our readers with the latest updates on the latest gas prices in the U.S., and the cheapest places to refill your tanks in the ten most populated cities across the country.
Which state has the highest gas prices?
It’s been a long time since California led the way for so long and Hawaii is where the most expensive gas can be found with the average price of gas in Paradise sitting at around 5.019 dollars per gallon.
Which state has the lowest gas prices?
The leader for weeks now, Texas has been overtaken by Georgia as the cheapest place to find gas. The average price there is currently 2.765 dollars per gallon. Next up are Kansas, Mississippi, Arkansas, and then frequent leader Texas.
Where are the cheapest gas stations in the US?
When it comes to finding the cheapest gas stations in the USA, these are the lowest-priced places to get gas in the top 10 most populated cities in the country:
- New York, New York (2.69 dollars): Fast Gas, 194 Poospatuck Ln, Mastic, NY.
- Los Angeles, California (3.55 dollars): Circle K, 731 N Grand Ave, Covina, CA
- Chicago, Illinois (2.52 dollars): Sam’s Club, 3300 Brumback Blvd, Kenosha, WI.
- Houston, Texas (2.16 dollars): Chevron, 9350 North Fwy,, Houston, TX.
- Phoenix, Arizona (2.69 dollars): Circle K, 2382 N Pinal Ave, Casa Grande, AZ.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (2.79 dollars): Costco, 900 Center Blvd S, Newark, DE
- San Antonio, Texas (2.35 dollars): Phillips 66, 7131 Culebra Rd, San Antonio, TX.
- San Diego, California (3.75 dollars): Son’s Auto Service, 445 W 5th Ave, Escondido, CA.
- Dallas, Texas (2.35 dollars):Brookshire’s 1001, Joshua Station Blvd, Joshua, TX.
- San Jose, California (3.69 dollars): 76, 19550 Stevens Creek Blvd, Cupertino, CA.