Elections for all 30 seats in the Arizona State Senate took place on Nov. 8, 2022. Republicans held a 16-14 majority heading into the election.
Committee chair fundraising
State legislative committee chairs set a committee’s legislative agenda. The average amount raised by delegates who did not serve as a committee chair was $227,005. The funds raised by each of the State Senate’s 12 committee chairs are shown below.
- Ethics Committee – Sine Kerr – $53,805
- Finance Committee – David Livingston – $91,177
- Government and Elections Committee – John Kavanagh – $113,998
- Natural Resources and Energy Committee – Sine Kerr – $53,805
- Senate Appropriations Committee – David Gowan – $137,175
- Senate Commerce Committee – J.D. Mesnard – $228,069
- Senate Commerce Committee – Michelle Ugenti-Rita – $152,217
- Senate Education Committee – Paul Boyer – $27,982
- Senate Health and Human Services Committee – Nancy K. Barto – $390,158
- Senate Judiciary Committee – Warren Petersen – $28,175
- Senate Rules Committee – Karen Fann – $262,331
- Transportation and Technology Committee – Tyler Pace – $85,427
- Transportation Committee – Frank Carroll – $67,950
The data above are based on campaign finance reports that active Arizona PACs submitted to the Arizona Secretary of State. Political expenditures that are not controlled by candidates or their campaigns, known as satellite spending, are not included in candidate totals. Federal PACs are not required to report to state agencies. Transparency USA publishes campaign finance data following major reporting deadlines.